User Tag List

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 938

Thread: Sugar Ray Leonard is okay with people thinking that Floyd is better than him

  1. #16
    [ [ Tears in Rain ] ] Hands of Iron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    11,957
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100


    Quote Originally Posted by JMP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Leonard picked apart and stopped an equally brilliant defensive fighter in Benitez. He's not losing sleep over his chances against Floyd in the public imagination today.
    Exactly. Three ATGs and a fourth lineal champ a class up with a combined record of 178-1 when he fought them, average age 25, in a span of 22 months. He utterly cleaned out a historically strong, historically rich division and won a Gold medal for his country. Still has his health and over $100 million dollars in the bank. Floyd will probably go broke and his best win is Corrales. What the hell does Leonard care seriously?

  2. #17
    King of the Beige Bogotazo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,522
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
    Exactly. Three ATGs and a fourth lineal champ a class up with a combined record of 178-1 when he fought them, average age 25, in a span of 22 months. He utterly cleaned out a historically strong, historically rich division and won a Gold medal for his country. Still has his health and over $100 million dollars in the bank. Floyd will probably go broke and his best win is Corrales. What the hell does Leonard care seriously?
    You can be so harsh sometimes. But I can't say dishonest.

  3. #18
    Future HOF'er FelixTrinidad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,624
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
    Personally i think Shane hits harder than SRL. Holding onto a few moments where Floyd got clocked and stunned for about 3-5 secs to fully recover and dominate the rest of the round is not a solid enough argument to say SRL would finish Floyd. If thats the case then we could say that Duran outboxed SRL therefore Floyd would box SRL's ear off which is just as likely scenario if not more as the shane's shot.
    Shane is a fucking retard. Leonard would toy with that motherfucker and bury his ass. Lmfao.Shane.
    We gonna compare SHANE to Sugar now?

    You know how in America... cars have 'luxury divisions' and than the lower tier and lower tier etc etc etc...

    Like Audi is the luxury division of Volkswagon etc?

    Ray Leonard is the Luxury Division of Shane Mosley.

    Mosley will get his fucking Volkswagon ass beaten to death.

  4. #19
    P4P Star rjjfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,322
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    537
    I feel the new generation don't realize what a murderous beast SRL was in his prime. Of course he can box when the occasion befits it but he was a savage beast in his prime.

  5. #20
    P4P Star tliang1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
    Shane hit harder than Ray?
    Go and watch SRL KO Bruce Finch and see the power he gets with minimal leverage and distance.
    There's no point in even debating this matter because Floyd could go on TV and say Ray came in and sparred and whupped him and you'd still deny it.
    Both the best of their generation and we'll never know,but the vast majority of experts who have seen both in their prime added to the fact that Floyd doesn't have a career defining win whilst SRL fought in maybe the greatest era ever and beat everyone who mattered will pick Ray.
    It's not a slant on Floyd,it's just people's opinion and unfortunately,there are some posters whose opinions are taken less seriously than others.
    Floyd has never beat anyone close to Ray's best wins and it's not Floyd's fault there is a serious lack of competition for him.
    People who are taken lightly are mostly in this room already and i'm just rounding up to get more so you want to go that direction? Especially how many pro boxers/trainers who thinks Floyd is the best? I guess some people on this forum are way to full of themselves.

  6. #21
    P4P Star tliang1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
    Shane is a fucking retard. Leonard would toy with that motherfucker and bury his ass. Lmfao.Shane.
    We gonna compare SHANE to Sugar now?

    You know how in America... cars have 'luxury divisions' and than the lower tier and lower tier etc etc etc...

    Like Audi is the luxury division of Volkswagon etc?

    Ray Leonard is the Luxury Division of Shane Mosley.

    Mosley will get his fucking Volkswagon ass beaten to death.
    We were comparing punching power. Now I am suppose to dog Shane's power just bc he is in relation with Floyd bc he fought his ass. I forgot everyone Floyd fought is shit.

  7. #22
    Everything for a reason PityTheFool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,401
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    2209
    Quote Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
    People who are taken lightly are mostly in this room already and i'm just rounding up to get more so you want to go that direction? Especially how many pro boxers/trainers who thinks Floyd is the best? I guess some people on this forum are way to full of themselves.
    Yeah.I want to go in that direction.
    The two best posters on the forum as voted by the posters are here.If you can bring some of those pros and trainers feel free.
    Let's go that way.
    "Sure enough going to detach that eye, maybe pop the whole thing out." He says he knows people in Hagler's camp, and they are joking about letting Leonard have a bigger ring (20 feet instead of 18) and letting Leonard set the bout at a 12-round limit. "There won't be no 12th round," he says. "Ray will be lucky if there's a second round."

  8. #23
    Everything for a reason PityTheFool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,401
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    2209
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
    Exactly. Three ATGs and a fourth lineal champ a class up with a combined record of 178-1 when he fought them, average age 25, in a span of 22 months. He utterly cleaned out a historically strong, historically rich division and won a Gold medal for his country. Still has his health and over $100 million dollars in the bank. Floyd will probably go broke and his best win is Corrales. What the hell does Leonard care seriously?
    I was hoping you'd still be up.
    "Sure enough going to detach that eye, maybe pop the whole thing out." He says he knows people in Hagler's camp, and they are joking about letting Leonard have a bigger ring (20 feet instead of 18) and letting Leonard set the bout at a 12-round limit. "There won't be no 12th round," he says. "Ray will be lucky if there's a second round."

  9. #24
    P4P Star tliang1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
    Yeah.I want to go in that direction.
    The two best posters on the forum as voted by the posters are here.If you can bring some of those pros and trainers feel free.
    Let's go that way.
    LMAO ROFL. ok your "opinions" trumps boxers/trainers then. I forgot you are got the dick swapping award on this site.

  10. #25
    P4P Star tliang1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    even SRL's "BRO" who SRL bragged about how he give him the strategy to beat Duran told his lil bro numerous of times that he can't beat Floyd. But yet you fools act like i'm crazy or don't know what i'm talking about.

  11. #26
    Champion Brnxhands's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    2,153
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    oh my god lmao

  12. #27
    P4P Star tliang1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,454
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    Hearns, SRR got big enough size advantage, reach, speed + POWER to ko Floyd with a couple of hits SRL doesn't, he would have to box Floyd. Duran have the power but lacks the speed/reach. SRL lacks the power.

  13. #28
    [ [ Tears in Rain ] ] Hands of Iron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    11,957
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    As far as catching Duran at the right time, well yeah he's probably my second favorite boxer ever and did have shit preparation for it. At the same time @Bogotazo @JMP He did enter the ring as the #1 P4P fighter in the sport, he was 29 years old, he was only five months removed from the greatest performance of his career and Leonard probably gets little to no credit for jumping right back into the ring against the guy who'd just handed him ass and shown he could outskill him from more than just close quarters (and Leonard FOUGHT like the proud all-time great he is). Judging from how Duran looked thereafter - far more rigid, less fluid in his defensive upperbody movement, diminished reflexes - I don't know that waiting would've elevated the win any more. I put it down with his 3rd or 4th best though due to the grievances even though he's the greatest guy on his record.

  14. #29
    Everything for a reason PityTheFool's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,401
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    2209
    Quote Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
    LMAO ROFL. ok your "opinions" trumps boxers/trainers then. I forgot you are got the dick swapping award on this site.
    Speak English boy!
    And if you're going to try and ridicule my posts, at least use what I say instead of something I never said.
    Now I really want to go in that direction .
    "Sure enough going to detach that eye, maybe pop the whole thing out." He says he knows people in Hagler's camp, and they are joking about letting Leonard have a bigger ring (20 feet instead of 18) and letting Leonard set the bout at a 12-round limit. "There won't be no 12th round," he says. "Ray will be lucky if there's a second round."

  15. #30
    [ [ Tears in Rain ] ] Hands of Iron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    11,957
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vCash
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
    Hearns, SRR got big enough size advantage, reach, speed + POWER to ko Floyd with a couple of hits SRL doesn't, he would have to box Floyd. Duran have the power but lacks the speed/reach. SRL lacks the power.
    If only that were true and these imaginary fantasy fights meant anything. Leonard lacked nothing from an offensive standpoint or where physical attributes are concerned, really. He had serious pop when he wanted to generate it; his speed, timing and variation was useful for taking rounds. He's right up there amongst the best, most complete boxer-punchers in history. His ability on film shows this, his record proves this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO