User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night was a real boxing match between two REAL fighters unlike that disgrace Wladimir Klitschko

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash

Last night was a real boxing match between two REAL fighters unlike that disgrace Wladimir Klitschko

Hats off to both Provodnikov and Alvarado, theres no shame in losing in a fight like that, true warriors.

I noticed about 5 clinches in last nights fight, thats less then in any round of Klitschko vs Povetkin, thats not boxing its judo.

Last night both guys put it all on the line for the sport they love, really shows what having the title means to both guys. Its a disgrace when Klitschko is compared to these real fighters, it's disrespectful that he isn't willing to take any risks for the heavy weight title of the world!

Just compare the first round of the fights:

Providnikov vs Alvarado: Both fighters get to action exchanging punches providing an exciting first round.
    Klitschko vs Povetkin: about 3 seconds in Wlad goes straight for a clinch.

Proof:

I'm sure some will have us believe that last night was 'crude' and that Klitschko is a skilled master boxer, but does this look like boxing to you?

Lasts nights fight was a joy to watch, it defiantly caught the interest of any casuals that would of seen it. Whereas Wlads fights are turning people away from boxing, it has them thinking "That fight was for they heavyweight championship? Really, that was for the greatest prize in boxing?"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    I don't like bashing fighters but the Grabimir Clinchko name had me laughing and is fitting. Wlad fought a terrible fight.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Wladimir would have been penalized for holding against Jack Johnson.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    It actually looks like he is going for a proper man hug there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Gah damn son

That 2nd one is pretty damn bad ... One doesn't often see somebody going for the clinch from that far out side

Come to think of it though, you don't too often see a power clinch like that in the first 3-4 seconds of a fight either

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    He should've been disqualified or deducted points early so he wouldn't have done it. Sapped Povetkin of all his fucking energy just keeping the big oaf up as he put all his fucking weight on Povetkin.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    It gets funnier and funnier though. I was proper bitter when I got done watching
    Quote Originally Posted by dyna View Post
    If Oscar had fought in the 40s, he wouldn't have been too pretty for Burley.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelCase View Post
    Hats off to both Provodnikov and Alvarado, theres no shame in losing in a fight like that, true warriors.

I noticed about 5 clinches in last nights fight, thats less then in any round of Klitschko vs Povetkin, thats not boxing its judo.

Last night both guys put it all on the line for the sport they love, really shows what having the title means to both guys. Its a disgrace when Klitschko is compared to these real fighters, it's disrespectful that he isn't willing to take any risks for the heavy weight title of the world!

Just compare the first round of the fights:

Providnikov vs Alvarado: Both fighters get to action exchanging punches providing an exciting first round.
    Klitschko vs Povetkin: about 3 seconds in Wlad goes straight for a clinch.

Proof:

I'm sure some will have us believe that last night was 'crude' and that Klitschko is a skilled master boxer, but does this look like boxing to you?

Lasts nights fight was a joy to watch, it defiantly caught the interest of any casuals that would of seen it. Whereas Wlads fights are turning people away from boxing, it has them thinking "That fight was for they heavyweight championship? Really, that was for the greatest prize in boxing?"
    I see your point,but honestly who is in a better position to earn more money and get more title fight wins? Klitchko or Mike? I think Mike's performance was heroic and he is a good fighter, the only thing I am commenting on is the thought that somehow it i better to fight like Mike and lose than to fight and win even if it is boring. Then that would mean Bernard Hopkins fights are not worth much since he is very boring. Entertaining fights are great and I loved watching it, but the whole idea of boxing is hit and not get hit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
    I see your point,but honestly who is in a better position to earn more money and get more title fight wins? Klitchko or Mike? I think Mike's performance was heroic and he is a good fighter, the only thing I am commenting on is the thought that somehow it i better to fight like Mike and lose than to fight and win even if it is boring. Then that would mean Bernard Hopkins fights are not worth much since he is very boring. Entertaining fights are great and I loved watching it, but the whole idea of boxing is hit and not get hit.
    Its about pride, Mike can go away with his head held high knowing he put up a great fight, theres really no shame in losing a fight like that. Klitschko on the other hand cannot be proud of his performance, it was a foul ridden mess. Its not so much about entertainment its about not ruining the sport, some people considered Rigo's performance against Donaire boring but it was true boxing, he can walk away proud that he put on a skilful display, Wlad can't he just made a mockery of boxing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
    t the whole idea of boxing is hit and not get hit (without cheating).
    fixed

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelCase View Post
    Its about pride, Mike can go away with his head held high knowing he put up a great fight, theres really no shame in losing a fight like that. Klitschko on the other hand cannot be proud of his performance, it was a foul ridden mess. Its not so much about entertainment its about not ruining the sport, some people considered Rigo's performance against Donaire boring but it was true boxing, he can walk away proud that he put on a skilful display, Wlad can't he just made a mockery of boxing.
    I see your point and honestly I am not a Vlad fan, but at the same time he has fought for many years and for him to go in and brawl and lose just so the fans get excited means he loses future fights and his legacy takes a big hit and his ranking goes way down. His reputation will go down more than most since he already was stopped by Corey Sanders in a fight he was caught early, so he knows his reputation as a guy with a lack of chin will always follow him as well as the Brewster fight. I agree Mike has a lot of pride and all that, but Vlad has wins and he can pick and chose who he fights. Yet to be honest, fighting at 140 is much harder than fighting the guys the Klitchkos have been fighting the last 5-10 years who were much smaller than them.
    Last edited by MAG1965; 20-10-13 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tko6 View Post
    fixed
    Clinch and not get clinched.

Lean and not get leaned on.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tko6 View Post
    fixed
    well I said the whole idea is hit and not get hit, but I did not say without cheating part. That cheating thing is something fans of today like to mention a lot, and sometimes there are bad decisions but many times the cheating idea comes up from fans who cannot accept that their favorite fighters lost. If a fighter uses the ring and boxes in a boring fight, he still win. That is the sport of boxing. Most of the brawlers in the history of boxing are not on the top 50 ATG list of boxers.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    These two fights are very mutually exclusive from each other, but I don't mind anyone taking an opportunity to bash Wladdy Klitschko. Fucking hell he's awful to watch. Even when winning he fights like a coward.
    Last edited by J.R.; 20-10-13 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information