Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs. Erislandy Lara

Contender

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash

Floyd Mayweather vs. Erislandy Lara

How would this fight go? Lara is the naturally bigger man, has decent power, and is a southpaw, which Mayweather has struggled against in the past.

Contender

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    I'd give Lara a fairly good chance. He's naturally the bigger man, a great boxer, and a southpaw

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Good challenge for Floyd, But IF they fight at the full 154lbs the haters will be out in droves.
    Mayweather by UD

Mentioned
    1288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Probably has the best chance of beating Floyd. His left isn't totally dependent on his right, so Floyd can't paw the right jab and circle right all night like he did with Ortiz and Guerrero, and he'd be forced to reach at times with something potentially coming back at him consistently. Lara's more mobile than Judah and more defensively responsible than Pacquiao, along with an advantage in dimensions and great overall speed & athleticism. Hits decently hard as well. Quick right jabs in and out, lead lefts to the body, quick straight lefts up top, a counter right hook when Floyd leans in to throw his right, and the occasional offensive combination to put Floyd on the defensive and open up opportunities to score before circling out.

the only remaining challenge for Floyd

a slique southpaw counterpuncher who is good at throwing straight shots

he's comfortable fighting at a Mayweatheresque pace, which would help him
    Be R E L A X ED. BE DOMINANT! Be dangerous kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    This guy ain't L E O N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Smith aka Hook!
    if dani win [Lucaz fight] i become a fan
    Cant neither one of them whoop Floyd, Floyd Sr. claimed. Neither one of them. They dont have a prayer. If they drop down to their knees, the next thing is theyre going to go down on their face. Thats the next step.
    Floyd vs Bballandy

Class shows over time.

Prospect

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sergio ( L E O N ) View Post
    the only remaining challenge for Floyd

a slique southpaw counterpuncher who is good at throwing straight shots

he's comfortable fighting at a Mayweatheresque pace, which would help him
    lara sayin he's workin on upping the punch count. if this is true, i definently give him one hell of a shot.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
    I'd give Lara a fairly good chance. He's naturally the bigger man, a great boxer, and a southpaw
    pppfffft...I think I heard that from Floyd's last 3 excuses from a southpaw

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Would give Floyd HUGE credit if he does fight Lara but sadly, it will probably never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
    lara sayin he's workin on upping the punch count. if this is true, i definently give him one hell of a shot.
    Lara's ultra dispassionate temperament makes him vulnerable to shitty judging. He should have 3 additional victories in his W column.

Lara totally outclassed him [Vanez] in terms of clean punching. Problem with Lara is he likes to do the bare minimum to win a round, and he's often beyond his opponents in terms of class. These two factors puts him into situations where he's winning but doing little. He'll land like two clean headshots in the first minute of a round then let the opponent chase. It's an amateur boxing mentality. To outsiders it looks like his outclassed opponent is making the fight via effective aggression.

Lara has been f*cked at least twice due to his ultra chill style. Hopefully, he takes a lesson out of the Sergio book and steps it up. Erizlandy has showed signs of adapting his style and temperament for the pro games; he connected more in his last two fights.

Angulo pushed Lara ultra hard forcing Lara to open up. This caused Angulo to get stopped. This ultimately helped Lara because he likely would have been screwed had it gone to the cards there judging from the favoritism GBP showed to Angulo post fight.

Lara is the only one with the style and skills to give Floyd a difficult match. It's a shame no one knows who the hell he is

Erizlandy has a very cunning offense. He can follow up the 2 with a "straight right", and won't cross his legs in the process unlike emmanuel. Other times, he'll follow up the 2 with a spear jab. He'll take a step back and throw a check right hook, counter left, or counter left upper. His 1-2 is awesome for a southpaw. He's able to 1-2-1-2. Erizlandy is capable of throwing another 2 after his initial 2. Has displayed some inside fighting ability. One of the better dirty fighters today

Pretty slique and well schooled defensively. An unorthodox southpaw who is open for the left hook up and downstairs.
    forgot to mention his probing measuring jab to invite an opponent in for a check right hook

has a good str8 left to the body

SRR had Gavilan. Erizlandy can be Floyd's Gavilan.

This guy ain't L E O N.
    Cant neither one of them whoop Floyd, Floyd Sr. claimed. Neither one of them. They dont have a prayer. If they drop down to their knees, the next thing is theyre going to go down on their face. Thats the next step.
    Floyd vs Bballandy

Class shows over time.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2feM76J6v
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

WBA interim-junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12KOs) is still looking to secure the big names. Back in June, he overcame two tough knockdowns to stop dangerous contender Alfredo Angulo in the tenth round at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Lara sat down with BoxingScene.com to discuss Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul Alvarez, Angulo's recent comments that he cheated during their fight, and more.

BoxingScene.com: What where your thoughts about Mayweather vs Canelo fight?

Lara: Mayweather is a great fighter. He is the best in the world and there's no question about it. He's very smart in that ring and I really enjoy watching him fight. Canelo is also a very smart fighter who tried to do his best but I feel he lacked experience and conditioning. I think he needed to fight a few more fights before fighting the best. It was a great promotion and I really enjoyed the entire card. I have to give a lot of credit to Golden Boy promotions and Richard Schaefer for putting on a great event for the fans.
    Not bitter at all despite GBP acting like a bitch towards him.

BoxingScene.com: If you got the opportunity, how would you deal with a fighter like Mayweather?

Lara: Mayweather is a great fighter who I have a tremendous respect for. He reminds me a lot of a Cuban fighter because he's so intelligent in the ring and is a great counter puncher. Saying all that, I would love the opportunity to share the ring with a fighter who possesses great knowledge to test my abilities and ring IQ. I feel I have the style, smarts and experience to compete at his level. But just like any fighter, I want to earn that shot, and that's why I want Canelo, Martinez, Trout or rematches with Molina or Angulo. I don't care I'll fight anyone, I've proven that.

I feel I can beat any fighter in the world. We are all human and no one is invincible. I feel I have the experience and abilities to beat Floyd. And I say this with all the respect in the world, Mayweather is my favorite fighter to watch and it would be an honor to fight him.
    Down to put in work unlike some of GBP's young guys (Adrien, Saul, etc)

BoxingScene.com: What are your thoughts about the recent comments from Alfredio Angulo, who still believes you thumbed him?

Lara: Weve had our back and forth on what he feels. Everyone can look at the fight and have your own opinion. He is a very strong fighter with a lot of heart and guts. I feel he's still trying to find an excuse to why he quit in the ring that night. I know he hit me with some great shots that night but I was willing to die and I'm willing to do it again if he wants a rematch. I fought him in his hometown, in a 17 foot ring with a bed mattress as a ring mat. Angulo had all the advantages and I still beat him. Next time I will retire him.

Landy learned a valuable lesson in that fight imo. Increase your punch connects.

BoxingScene.com: When are we going to see you back in the ring?

Lara: I'm just waiting on my advisor Al Haymon and manager Luis Decubas Jr. to give me the green light. I've been training, staying in the gym, and I'm always ready all year long. Ronnie Shields and I will pick it up next week. We are ready.

Maybe Landy can talk his way into a fight like Robert did.

He already whooped Gulo's AZZ, who was apart of Floyd's rumored opponents list

This guy ain't L E O N.
    Floyd vs Bballandy

Class shows over time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    erislandy doesnt impress me at all. this would be a mismatch. hes so easy to hit. floyd would have a field day

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    So Lara would box Floyd right? No one outboxes Floyd. Lara showed that he was severely overrated when he went life and death with Angulo, which was supposed to be a fight which showcased his talents. He's good but he ain't beating Floyd.

Contender

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
    pppfffft...I think I heard that from Floyd's last 3 excuses from a southpaw
    None of them were on Lara's level, it's no secret that he has a harder time with Southpaws

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    You all need to stop with this Southpaw shit. Floyd doesn't have a hard time with them at all and that lie needs to stop.

Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJotatp4p View Post
    You all need to stop with this Southpaw shit. Floyd doesn't have a hard time with them at all and that lie needs to stop.
    Floyd struggles with southpaws
    They fight
    Floyd cherry pickd Lara who had no inside game and a low workrate
    "For me to give 30 years of my life, and to say there's another man better than me?"

Thread Information