6 60.00%

Thread: 160: Hopkins vs Mayweather

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash

160: Hopkins vs Mayweather

So Hoppo wants to take on Money at 160. If Money actually takes him up on it, how do you see this fight?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Hopkins is close to 50 so i'm assuming he's lost quite a bit of muscle mass. Only because he stays fit does his body look fit. But in recent fights, you could see less definition. It all depends on how the weight loss affects him. If it adversely affects him, he just might be a dead man walking and Floyd might squeeze it out. But if he's not too adversely affected and rehydrates to around 172ish, i would favor Hopkins. Hopkins would maul Floyd on the inside and make Floyd feel the extra 20 lbs.

Banned

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Hopkins at 160 as a 49 year old would be disastrous. He'd make Chad Dawson of the Ward fight look strong and healthy. I doubt Hopkins would have enough energy and the ability to pull the trigger at key moments to beat Mayweather, or anybody of note, if he drained down two divisions.

Now if we're talking a young Bernard Hopkins, it's a ridiculously stupid fight and one Bernard would win in dominant fashion.

Mentioned
    1113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Hopkins would make Floyd lead and walk him into traps and bully him in the clinches.

Mentioned
    2690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vCash
    I see Hopkins looking similar to Oscar v Pac if he got down to 160. Age and nearly 8 years away from having to weigh 160 previously (where he officially lost his last 2 fights at the weight), I just see it being disastrous. He'd try and stink the joint out, but I just see Floyd getting in and out, and cruising (maybe featuring a few interesting moments) to a reasonable UD win.

Im'ma Get Up In That Ass elterrible's Avatar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Floyd is too fast, calzaghe beat him with speed, floyd will win on speed and that hopkins is going to be really weaken from going to 160. He is in the 180's now on fight nights, he will have to drop some weight to get to 160, he wont be as strong as hes used to and floyd will be so much faster than him.

Im'ma Get Up In That Ass elterrible's Avatar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I see Hopkins looking similar to Oscar v Pac if he got down to 160. Age and nearly 8 years away from having to weigh 160 previously (where he officially lost his last 2 fights at the weight), I just see it being disastrous. He'd try and stink the joint out, but I just see Floyd getting in and out, and cruising (maybe featuring a few interesting moments) to a reasonable UD win.
    that is not a bad comparison, DLH looked really slow and lethargic from being so drained. I think hopkins will loose some speed too from dropping down to 160 and you are going to have mayweather being way faster. His movement and everything would be too much. hopkins will try some fouling and shit but he cant win a legit UD.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vCash
    The Oscar comparison is uncanny for this scenario. I can see Floyd weaving in and potshotting and Bernard trying to clinch him.

Mentioned
    1113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I could also see this. The speed and mobility is on Mayweather's side.

Thread Information